Fire Awareness Course
This Fire Awareness course aims to give delegates the information to allow understanding of fire and to recognise, select and use the appropriate fire extinguisher.
After the session all delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
2005, and relevance of Fire Risk Assessments.
- How to prevent fires and importance of good housekeeping (includes importance of fire drills)
- State components of a fire triangle and the methods of fire spread
- State methods of extinguishing fire
- Understand the evacuation procedures
- List the classifications of fire
- Understand when it is safe to deal with fire and how to contact the Fire Service, and the basic role of a fire marshal
- State the different types of extinguisher and types of fire each extinguisher can be used on
- Identify fire points and signs
- Use each type of extinguisher on site confidently following a practical demonstration
Our Main Teachers
An exceptional learning and development professional offering years of training experience including on the job training, group training sessions and both branded and accredited courses.